Thursday 30 August 2012

Collection Blush and Highlight Cream Duo

It's not very often in the drugstore that you see cream blushes and highlighters, so when I saw this little product sitting on the shelf in Superdrug I picked it up immediately. One of Collection's newest products, this duo comes in two shades, with seemingly the same highlighter, but with different blushes. I picked up Peaches & Cream. 



At first the blush colour seems intimidatingly bright, but when applied it is actually a very nice subtle, peachy colour. The highlighter, to be honest, isn't all that great. When blended out there is very little actual shimmer, just glitter, giving you more of a 'nine year old at a school disco' look than the more preferable 'natural glow'. Both colours don't blend too smoothly, they have quite a waxy texture, but they're still workable. When I first started to apply them I thought they were going to be quite sticky, but that soon goes once you start blending. The blush dries to quite a matte finish.



The staying power isn't terrible, it hangs around for a fair few hours before fading, but this is only to be expected with a cream blush. However I think the plus side of cream blushes is that they are then easier to reapply quickly on the go. If you want to make it last a bit longer, then I recommend setting with a powder blush. 

The packaging is pretty standard but sturdy. I feel I can just chuck it in my make up bag and not have to worry about it breaking. There's not masses of product, but for the price it is quite reasonable. At Superdrug these are currently at an introductory price of £2.99, so if you want to give them a try, now is the time to buy!

Overall, it's not a bad product, I am quite pleased with the blush, even if the highlighter wasn't too brilliant. I probably wouldn't repurchase, but I'm glad I gave it a go! I like the concept of having a 2-in-1 product, it makes travelling with it easier.

Will you be giving the duo a go?

Abbie

4 comments:

  1. very pretty colours, the coral tone is really fun :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really do the whole 'follow for follow' thing, but if I like your blog, I'll follow it, and if you like mine then also feel free to follow :)

      Delete
  2. This looks pretty cute! I love the name :) I just stumbled upon your blog!

    www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovelies!