Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Years Resolutions 2013

First and foremost, Happy New Year!

I've never really been that into making New Years Resolutions, but after watching a few videos (Fleurdeforce's and BertiebertG's) and a few blog posts (Sprinkleofglitter) I've been inspired to do my own. I have a good feeling about 2013, and while I'm in this good mood I thought I'd jot down a few of my own. Who knows, maybe I'll review them at the end of 2013! (unless I fail at all at them, then I'll probably delete the post in shame ;)

Numero uno!

Put more effort into college: This is definitely the one to focus on. After I left school with some reasonable GCSE's, I (very stupidly) thought A-Levels would be a doddle. I thought I could breeze through two years, come out with 4 A's, and then travel on through to a top university. Ha. Ha ha ha. I hadn't prepared  myself for how bloody hard they would be. And to be quite frank, it's panicking me a bit. So I need to up my game. My main target is to get up off my arse and do some work! Being a massive 'goody goody' I've never not handed in work, but I consistenly leave it till the last minute. As hard as it is, I need to stop scrolling through tumblr, and get on with work when I get it, instead of leaving it till a Sunday night. The other part is to do some extra work. Every time I have a test I spend the weekend before manically making flash cards. If I revise as I go along, one, I'll make my life a lot easier, and two, I'll probably do far better. Also, I need to set aside more time for making sure I fully understand each topic, in maths and biology in particular, seeing as I'm a tiny bit... rubbish at those subjects!

Tone up!: It really is such a cliché, but this year I have some serious motivation. In July, I'm going on a college trip to Arizona (whoop whoop!). I'm massively excited, but it's going to probably involve spending a lot of time in the hotel pool. I'd like to feel semi confident in a swimming costume for once, so I can enjoy my time instead of worrying what people are thinking of me. A specific area to work on, is definitely my arms. I can deal with a jelly belly and thunder thighs, but for once I would like to be able to wear vests and sleeveless dresses. I think when making resolutions it's important to know how you're going to change, so for me, my methods of weight loss will be going to the gym and cutting down on the junk food. My college has a free gym, so I really have no excuse. My free periods Mondays and Fridays will now be spent sweating it out (literally) at the gym. Also from now on, no more naughty (but nice) food between Monday and Thursday. I pay the vending machines far too many visits, so it's time to cut down.

Last but not least;

Organise my blog: You all know it, I'm a terribly infrequent blogger. Now pretty much the main reason for this, is that I don't organise taking my photos. I can't stand having bad quality photos, but taking good ones with lots of light is often difficult. During these darker months I need to make sure I'm taking them when the light is right. The second part of this is redesign my blog. Considering I have no artistic talent I don't think I've done too badly, but I don't feel that my design really reflects me, as lame as that sounds. I have a graphic designer for a sister, so I should really ask her for some help so my blog can be the best it can be.

There we go, I've written them down now so I have to stick to them!

Now that's all out the way, I really want to just take the time to get a bit slushy gushy and say thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read my blog. I had a lot of doubts about starting this blog, but now I'm so glad I did. To a lot a people, 41 followers isn't a lot, but I'm just pleased that even that many of you have followed me. Okay I'm going to wrap this up now before the violins start playing, but here's to a year of many more (infrequent) blog posts! *cringe*

7 comments:

  1. Good luck! It's so hard to stick to New Years resolutions! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm determined to stick to them :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, those are literally my resolutions as well! I've slacked so much as uni, I really need to bring in my A game! xx

    http://cestkenza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great resolutions! I hope 2013 is an amazing year for you. x

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how we have similar New Year's Resolutions!

    I totally understand the A Level business, I though that doing the 4 subjects would be easy for me as I enjoyed them and got grades in them at GCSE level. However, they just get tougher. I don't think anyone understands that even though you do less subjects, you get double the work - which is even harder! Honestly, I don't think my brain can take it, one day it's just gonna explode..and then I'll find out it was full of air from the start. ;)
    I have mocks in February so - ahhh! - but I'm already revising, although these snow days haven't been very productive to say the least! Oops.. :L

    Yes, I'm gong on holiday to the sunny side of America *ahem* West Coast, AND HAWAII! *faints*
    So, I need to start going to the gym. It's not that I'm unhappy with my weight, I know I'm not morbidly obese but I really want to get fit so if there WAS a zombie apocolypse, there'd be a higher chance of me escaping! Haha

    Don't get me started on me and blogging - I'm so bad at updating. However this week, I've been really good and done it 3 or so times this week!

    I hope you have an awesome 2013! Good luck with all your NYRs! :D

    ~Hannah xx
    welcometomyfloordrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovelies!